Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wishing you a healthy and prosperous New Year!

To all of our friends and visitors, I wish you all a wonderful 2009!

Living approx. 1/4 mile from Disneyland, its wonderful to hear the Mark Twain and steam locomotives as they carry guests throughout the park, not to mention the nightly fireworks viewed from our own backyard. When the cloud cover is just right, we can even hear the Yeti roaring within the Matterhorn. This past Wed morning at approx. 3:00 AM I was awaken by the sounds of Auld Ang Syne. I had to stop and think a moment, 'Had I missed a day? Was it New Years and somehow I'd missed it?' No, it was Disneyland preparing for the New Years celebration and they must have been calibrating their speaker system, preparing the big event. While I prefer not to be awoke from a cozy nights sleep, this was certainly a unique and acceptable cause. Living in Anaheim, one never knows what to expect from the Magic Kingdom!

No comments: