Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Visit To 'The Cabinet'

It's small, doesn't have any large banners or labels, no visible price tags, no neon, actually nothing at all to draw your attention. Subtle is an understatement. Yet, there it sits, full of wonderfully creative trinkets, shirts, golf balls, the occasional jacket, Christmas ornaments, and of course the famous Club 33 lapel pin. Even wine glasses appear from time to time as do coffee mugs.
A visit to the club simply isn't complete without a short visit to the cabinet to see whats available.
For a short while the club offered incredibly beautiful Letterman's style jackets, they didn't last long and if I recall correctly, only 333 pieces were produced.
Members may purchase beautiful "Member-Club 33" license plate frames, but you must be a member.
At my last visit in December, a wonderful Boyer lithograph of Walt enjoying breakfast at the club was still available. I had mine framed by FrameFetish.com and it turned out amazing.
The most popular souvenir sold by the club has got to be the standard lapel pin, costing approx. $10.00. When my daughter was into pin trading, she used them to negotiate deals for rare pins and did pretty well!
Some years back they offered a beautiful dark blue blanket with a large monogramed '33' on the corner, you'll find them on ebay from time to time. A matching scarf was also available.
Most of the Club 33 staff use black ink pins with the club logo silk screened on the side, these are also available to purchase.
So, next time you pop into the club, stop by and see whats new in the gift cabinet. You'll never know what you might find.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...we went! And OH MY GOODNESS, what an experience! My daughter's 17th birthday celebration was spectacular, the food was amazing, and the service was impeccable! I had the Chateaubriand, and for my little tiny stomach I was able to enjoy a few bites and share with my daughter who had the Shrimp Scampi. We visited "The Cabinet" and bought a 40th anniversary hat and lapel pin. Our waitress, Carolyn, has been at Club 33 since it's opening 40 years ago! I could go on and on....maybe in an e-mail. I have tried sending you some pictures, but my e-mails keep getting bounced back. I would love to share, so I will try again from a different account!

DLC33.com said...

Dear Laurie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and sending the photos! They're wonderful! I've added them to our guest photo page and I have also constructed a family gallery page for you to post the other three photo.
Thank you again, I'm so pleased to hear your event was enjoyable. I noticed you discovered Eric, he's quite a character!

Craig234 said...

I'm happy to say, I got one of the Letterman jackets, several years ago.

I too was told 'only 333 were made', but I'm wondering about that.

Another site said they were made in 'batches of 333'.