Monday, February 25, 2008

My Favorite Dish!

A few friends have e-mailed, asking which dish is my favorite. Well, I've been fortunate to have tried many of the items on the menu and my favorite, Lamb Osso Bucco. The sauce is flavorful with a hint of wine and the lamb is so tender you can easily cut it with a fork. The wonderful richness of the dish is best during the colder season, definitely a bit too heavy for hot Summer days. The lamb is currently served at lunch, but the Veal Osso Bucco is available on the dinner menu. It's also a wonderful dish, warm and hearty. I would certainly recommend either.
The Filet of Chateaubriand is also a wonderful creation, it's the club's signature plate. I've probably had it a few too many times.
My daughter loves the Sweet Corn Polenta Ravioli and my wife enjoys the Pan Roast Chicken. So, something to fit every taste.
During the Winter months, the club once offered a Pumpkin Creme Brulee, baked inside an actual petite pumpkin, seasoned perfectly, served warm from the oven. Unbelievable! Their standard offer Creme Brulee is a wonderfully sensual dessert, I think you'll like it.
The Kahlua Bomb is another of my favorites. While it may look small, the size of a Hostess Snowball, it's extremely dense, quite heavy and very, very rich. Take your time eating this one, you'll want to make it last.
Well, it's rather late, so I'm signing off until next time!
Chow!

No comments: